Friday, February 8, 2013

In the Midst of the Snow Storm

February 8th - Friday - Snowing with a promise for much more!

It has been a busy few days here so will bring everyone up to date on the happenings around here.

Lou had his appointment with Dr. Hogrefe in Corning for his cataract evaluation and he is scheduled for his right eye on the 28th of February and that will be done in Horseheads, NY at the Guthrie Clinic.  This is the same doctor and clinic that we took his sister to and we feel very comfortable going there.  We liked the doctor very much.  He will do his dominant eye (the left eye) in March after right eye has healed.  That way if he is not seeing as well as he wishes him to, he will tweak the strength the lens a bit in the left eye.  I thought that was a wonderful idea.

We have talked to Camping World and our King Dome has finally arrived back to them and our windshield has arrived also; however, we are going to wait until April to make that trip and allow two days to have the new windshield installed.  I contacted our insurance company this morning and that works for them, so all appointments have been secured, this has been ongoing since last November.

I had my appointment at Soldiers and Sailors Hospital yesterday for my Pre-Admission-Testing for my shoulder surgery and found out it is going to be more extensive that I had thought, which was a bit of a downer, but I will be so glad to have it done and be rid of this constant pain and the thoughts of being able to sleep all night seem wonderful.  Then I can concentrate on getting my hips in place.  Now I know what my patients meant about the golden years being a bit tarnished.

Lou has found that when there is a storm coming his hip causes him a great deal of pain also and this morning he awoke with a tooth ache, so he is off to the dentist in the midst of the beginning of the storm, but I thought it was better to have the tooth looked at before the weekend.

My brother stopped this morning with our outside camera, as he told us he has turkeys that come to his corn crib each day and he thought he could get us some good pictures, so we checked them out and he had it aimed a bit too high, but he sure has turkeys and he was surprised to have had a deer visit him this morning, so we are anxious to see what does come now.

Now about the beautiful geraniums that arrived by Fed Ex this morning.  We ordered them to have in the RV, aren't they beautiful?  Especially in the winter.  I like to have flowers to decorate the RV with inside and sometimes I put some outside, and these will be perfect and on a snowy day like today, they sure perked up the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment