Monday, February 4, 2013

Keeping them Fed

February 4th - Monday - Cold and Snowy  16 degrees

We woke up this morning to more snow, a light dusting, but enough to require the driveway and sidewalks to be shoveled off, which I did while Lou fixed our breakfast.  This is a job that I enjoy as long as I don't have to lift the snow and with our blacktop drive and a little snow I don't have to, I call it walking the snow off.  There was a brisk breeze with blue skies and it was a joy to be able to enjoy the fresh air for a half hour.

There hasn't been a lot of excitement here, as I have been busy cleaning house getting everything in order and sorting through magazines that have piled up, although I have to admit by staying  home this winter, we have stayed on top of our magazines and have enjoyed reading them as they arrive.

Saturday morning Lou went to his house, as two of his daughters, Sandra and Ande came to the house to do some genealogy work and he enjoyed looking through pictures and remembering times past.  He stopped at his sister's house and had a chat with her, we usually do that on Sunday, but I had requested him to get a picture of her new amaryllis, she had told me that it had been beautiful and also some orchids that she was growing.  Her amaryllis was on its way out, but surely can tell it had been beautiful.

We have been keeping our bird feeders full and certainly have been enjoying our birds this winter.  Although we have not seen any cardinals after it started getting really cold.  We had so many all summer and fall and usually as soon as the snow comes we have more than usual, but not this year. The little red polls have been such fun to watch and my favorite the red breasted nuthatch.

The nuthatch is on the suet
Lou filled all of the feeders up just before dark tonight, so they are ready for the birds in the morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment