Thursday, January 31, 2013

Celebrating the end of January

January 31st - Thursday - Much colder and snowing again

Lou woke me up this morning by telling me our spring was short lived, and that the temperature had dropped from 58 degrees when we went to bed to 27 degrees at 8:00 this morning.  Oh well, it is still January, but we know February is just around the corner.

Lou went to his house to check on everything and found water in the basement.  They have a system in place that has been fail safe until yesterday and a little mouse caused a huge problem by falling into a bucket!!  Lou has gone back to his house to see if the water has drained out today and to move several items.  I offered to go along to help, but with the problems I am having with my back and hips, we knew I couldn't do much to help him.  So thought the next best thing I could do is to fix a nice dinner for him.  I had already baked his favorite cookie this morning.  Gingersnaps, which he enjoyed with his lunch and a cup of hot tea along with the ones he snitched off of the cookie sheet as soon as they came out of the oven and then had the nerve to tell me the "oven must have eaten a cookie off of each sheet and maybe I should think about replacing that oven!!"

I have a roaster chicken in the oven along with homemade stuffing and an acorn squash.  Will fix some mashed potatoes to go with it.  Haven't decided what I am going to fix for dessert which we will enjoy later in the evening as we watch our programs.

Lou took the SD card out of our Mini-Camera yesterday to see if we had captured any animals.  We had several  pictures of our dog making her rounds, my brothers cows, the kids playing with their sleds and one of my brother's cat, but no strange animals.  We certainly won't have any animals now, unless they swim to the barn, as everything is flooded from all of the rain in the last two days.  If we get some really cold weather the kids can ice skate.  There were years that we skated all winter after high water.  I am sure Shawn and Travis remember playing hockey there.

No comments:

Post a Comment