Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Catching Up with Old Friends

January 9th - Wednesday

During the evening we received a phone call from friends from my high school days wondering if we were going to be home around lunch time today.  Lou had to be at a friend's home to help him with his tractor again, but said he would be home in time for lunch.  Our friends said they were bringing lunch and they would be here around lunch time.

Lou and I were up early and Lou was out the door bright and early to help his friend and I thought I would stir up an Oatmeal cake for dessert, I had just taken the cake from the oven and there was a knock on the door, there were our friends.  Much to my delight a little early, I didn't get everything done that I had wanted to do but it didn't matter, we just picked up from the last time we saw each other and got caught up on the years.  What fun to remember all of the years and happenings, things forgotten, that the other remembered.

Lou came home at lunch time and we enjoyed a very hot cup of coffee as he had been working outside in the cold and wind.  Once he was warmed up we enjoyed a lovely lunch of Subway sandwiches, corn chips, soft drinks and the cake for dessert and more conversation.

We dragged out the yearbooks (The Nessmuk) and looked at pictures and that is when we realized that many of our classmates were no longer with us and many have just celebrated their 50th anniversaries.  God has blessed all of us in many ways.  He blessed the four of us with a wonderful afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment