Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taking Advantage of Warmer Weather




January 8th - Tuesday -  Beautiful Sunny Day - Started off at 10 degrees and reached 42 degrees.

Today was the day that Lou meets with his retired buddies from Schweitzers and I thought it was a good time to start a fire in the garage and do a good cleaning.  Lou's workbench has accumulated several projects to be completed, bits and pieces of this and that, so a lot of time was spent in sorting before the cleaning could start.


Once Lou's workbench was cleaned off it was time to move on to the craft area, where we had sorta dumped all of the outside Christmas decorations.  I got them all picked up and packed away for another year.  Now the windows have all been washed inside and out.  The carpet has been swept, the other side of the garage has been swept and mopped, curtains washed, ironed and all looks clean and smells fresh
.


I split wood late this afternoon and filled the wood box back up ready for the next day we need a fire.  I have to admit, it really felt good to split wood and carry in wood.  That used to be a task that I did each and every evening.  Something that I enjoyed doing.  A task that I could do outside in the cool evening where there were no telephones just the sweet outside and the sound of the owls and once in a while the sounds of the fox.  Great memories.  Tonight I put a clean car into a clean garage.  Great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment