Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Working on an Old Project


Wednesday - January 16th  - 3 inches of new fallen snow

I usually love to awaken to new fallen snow, especially after retiring; however, this morning I had an early appointment with my orthopedic doctor, so it was back to the old habits.  Lou and I both grabbed a shovel and cleaned off the driveway and sidewalks and headed for my appointment in Wellsboro.  After Dr. Golobeck examined my MRI he decided he could take care of both of my problems with my right shoulder with surgery, and he has me scheduled for Valentine's  Day.  What better present to be pain free for the summer.

After my appointment we took advantage of being in town and ran some errands and were able to pick up our Buick from the repair shop and got that back into the garage for the winter, had lunch out and back home to enjoy being inside for the afternoon.  Lou tackled our CD player as it has not been working properly and I pulled out a project that I had started years ago and hadn't gotten very far on.  It is to be an "antique" old lady doll when complete.  The next step is to use antique wax to make it look old and I think this may be a little tricky, this is done with a very hot iron and wax and spray starch.  Think I will  wait for morning to tackle this.

I had called Matthew to get him to come and build a snow man with me, but he sleeps through the best part of the afternoon.  The snow today would have been perfect for a snow man, maybe another time.  I know I sure am enjoying winter in PA and now it looks like we sure will be staying here.  Next step will be Lou's cataracts.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aunt Kathy,It is good to see you posting again. I always love to read them and see pictures.
    I have never seen the antique wax project done on cloth before. I can't wait to see the doll all finished.
    Glad you will be getting your shoulder taken care of .
    Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete