Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Day to Finish Projects

January 24th - Thursday - 4 degrees this morning and very windy.

As I hung my sheets outside this morning, my mind went back to some 50 years ago and to my dearly loved and departed father.  We had just moved our 35 foot trailer to the country in the same location as our home is today.  We did not have a washer or a dryer, but we did have a four month old baby.  Daddy would stop every morning, with his Ford tractor, in the winter and pick up the baby laundry, take it next door to his house and wash the baby clothes and hang them on the line.  How his hand must have frozen as he hung out those tiny baby socks and such.  At 3:00 while Susie was sleeping I would go next door and take them off the line and bring them home and finish drying them on the clothes bars inside the trailer.  To this day, I still miss my father as does the rest of our family.  The picture above was taken of Daddy and Krista in the 80's  underneath my clothes lines.

Yesterday was my 70th birthday, and it was time for me to have my driver's license picture taken, and I needed to see Dr. Joe and I wanted to visit The Farmer's Daughter Shop, so I took my birthday money and Lou and I set off, oh it was a great day.  I hadn't made a day of shopping in some time and I did shop.  I needed to add some touches to the laundry room that I had just redone, and our bedroom needed some sprucing up and you now the shops have spring things out, so.........  We still had time before The Steak House opened for dinner, we elected to go to the Dollar Store for decorations for Coffee Hour at church in February, had to get Lou out of there, he was worse than I am, as I have to find a place to store the stuff he buys!!

We had a nice dinner at the Steak House.  Both of us decided to have steak which they cut themselves and everything there is home made, you are guaranteed a good meal when dining there.    They even served me a birthday cake at the end of our meal, which was a surprise to me.

Today I have tackled the job of putting all of my goodies away and that is the fun part, but the first thing I tackled brought a problem for Lou, the light about the picture in our bedroom was flaking paint, so he decided he would strip the paint and repaint it, well, more of a problem than he thought, guess he will finish it tomorrow.  He did get our alarm clock fixed.  It goes off whenever it likes and the bad part is Lou doesn't hear it, so today I unplugged it and handed it to him and by golly it got fixed.

I did get all of the  pip berry vines up and lights in them and they look good and match their surroundings, want to get all of these extra things done this week, so I can do baking next week and start special cleaning just before my surgery.  Those are my plans, now what God has in mind may be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment