Tuesday, February 19, 2013

More Snow

February 19th - Tuesday and More Snow **

We have been enjoying the quieter days with not having a tight schedule, watching some movies, having some extra time to research some airplanes on the computer and just talking.  Today it has started snowing and that has brought the birds out to the feeders that Lou keeps filled up.  Unfortunately, when I got up to look at the birds, I saw a bird that I wasn't expecting, there was a Red Tailed Hawk feasting on one of our little birds.  I guess they get hungry also, but they didn't have to snatch it right under our window.  Usually the Red Tailed Hawks hunt in the fields, and we love to watch them circle in the sky.

Lou's daughter, Sandra stopped on Friday night and had dinner with us, she had been in Harrisburg to pick up her new car.  She purchased a new BMW and it is a beauty.  Her father had to drive it and was greatly impressed with it.  We certainly wish her well with her new car, she has waited a long time for this.  It was nice to have her with us for dinner.

Brion and Janet spent the long weekend with Spencer in Nashville and from what we have heard from Janet they had a safe flight down and back and had a great time while they were away.  Spencer is now a Captain in the Army and stationed in Kentucky.

Lou and I have been taking a walk each day and enjoying the fresh air and there are signs of God's promise of spring everywhere we want to look.  Have you noticed how much longer the days are getting?  We are seeing buds getting larger on the trees and the bulbs in the ground are coming closer to the surface and some are up.  We are seeing turkey and deer each day, all add to our pleasure to getting up each and every day.

I started something different on Sunday, I went to Ancestry.com to do some research on my father's side of the family and I found it fascinating and I think it is going to be very time consuming and addictive.  When I did the Gerow side of the family, I did it the hard way and this is really as easy way, and will go much quicker.  So am going to try and discipline myself on the time I spend doing this.

Tomorrow is the day set aside for Lou to have a tooth extracted, and I have an appointment to have the stitches removed on Friday, so will be a busy rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment