Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beauty from Ashes








Saturday - July 27th Cloudy

Lou and I have spent the last two days catching up on our yard work, after over two inches of rain while we were away everything really grew.

I wanted to share the above two pictures.  When I planted my wildfower seeds I had a few left over and this area is where I have burned my brush, cutting and such and Lou had suggested that I no longer do that and he asked my brother if we could haul them across the creek to a designated area and he told us we could, so we have been doing that.  Lou had planned on putting top soil in this area and adding grass seed to it, so we could mow it.  I just threw the seeds on top of the ashes and look what came of it.  Aren't they pretty?

Lou has continued a project that Susie and I started after Al died, we started gathering some of the thousands of rocks that had been pitched over the bank for years.  Susie and I thought we would make a stone wall, but after Lou and I got into it would have taken a life time, so we have been hauling rock away and moving rocks out of the way so we can mow with the mower and not have so much weed eating to do.  The project is still underway and we work at it a little at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment