Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Clean RV, Packed and Ready to Roll



Wednesday - July 31st. - Beautiful Day 75 degrees

We spent yesterday washing the RV.  Preston came up and did the roof and helped us get it started, then Lou and I finished it up.  We cleaned out all of the compartments and did a lot of sorting, hoping to cut down on the weight.  With the price of gasoline and the number of miles we expect to travel, we wanted to cut down as much as possible.

Today we spent the day cutting the grass and running the weed eater.  I had an early appointment in town and needed to stop in at the grocery to pick up the last minute things to pack into the refrigerator.  I fixed a roast beef dinner to have on the road tomorrow night, and have baked goods in the freezer along with snacks and such, so think that is all taken care of.

My dear friends lost their son in a tragic motor cycle accident on Sunday and I hate that we are going to miss the viewing and funeral, so Lou and I decided one thing we could do for them was to cut their grass and run the weed eater when we did ours, so we took care of that.  They have always been there for me whenever I have needed anything and I treasure their friendship.  In fact, their son is the young gentleman that we purchased our home from.  Our prayers and thoughts go out to the whole family in this time of great loss.

We are off early tomorrow morning and of course, we have to stop at Camping World in Syracuse to have our Dish worked on again.  Does everyone with a RV have to stop at Camping World when on vacation??  I understand rain is in the forecast so much for a nice clean RV.  Have no idea where we will spend tomorrow night.

We had a change in plans at the last minute, Preston and Susie were going to go with us, however, they could not find a babysitter for their granddaughter, so it will just be Preston.  That is a huge disappointment for me as I enjoy the company of Susie, she is a former teacher and also loves to read, and we do have much in common.  I guess the men need a cook and maid......

I will post as we have internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment