Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Roses Put to Bed

November 20th - Wednesday 46 degrees

Lou and I took advantage of the warmer temperatures today.  Lou had purchased a bale of rye straw from Walter  Sampson and we thought it would be a great afternoon to put the roses to bed for the winter.  It was 17 degrees last night and was the perfect temperature to secure the roses for the winter.  I was glad to have the job done before my surgery and before hunting season started.  I believe this completes our outside jobs.

Lou used the heavy nylon ties that the straw was tied with to tie up the bittersweet vine that we trimmed this fall.  I had tied it up with string, but it wasn't strong enough for the wind that we get  here in the valley and it broke and down came the newly trimmed vine.

While Lou was gone getting his hair cut, I got the garage vacuumed up, rugs washed and put back down and Christmas decorations put on the back deck.
Back Deck
Before he got back I was able to get a few things out in the house, I have never decorated before Thanksgiving, but think I will be glad later that it is done.  Now, I have had my shower, have my dinner ready for tomorrow night, will do my nails and I will be ready to go to the hospital in the AM for my surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment