Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Mixtures of Visitors

November 5th - Tuesday PM - Cool and Windy

We have had a busy week since the last posting and I will attempt to bring you up to date on the happenings at our house.  I will work backwards as that seems to be how my mind works best at this point.  My good friend Trish, from Louisiana has been here for almost a week and what a pleasure her visits are.  I always look forward to these special times.  She is the type of friend that just takes up where we left off.  This time was very rewarding, as it looks like now she is finally going to be able to relocate to our area and I can't wait, as we seem to enjoy doing a lot of the same things and always have a good time together.  She found a home that she liked and will order it this spring so now it is forward we go!!

Prior to her arrival, Krista and Michelle had each taken a day to help me with some fall house cleaning.  I now have the living room and the guest bathroom to finish along with the hardwood floors to accomplish.  Of course, the hobby room will need to be done; however, Lou is still working on his slides and I can't do that room until he has that project completed and that won't be for some time.

Lou was able to get the lawn tractor all winterized, the mowing deck off, cleaned, repainted and the blades sharpened and everything put back together.  He has gotten the water to the barn turned off and put to bed for the winter.  Tomorrow afternoon, we want to get the spouting cleaned out and the garden finished up and perhaps some pine put in the plant boxes.

The little buck that has been spending the summer with us is still around and calling on us.  The guys in the hunting camp were up for bow season and I cautioned them about his and Ed told me that they wouldn't shoot him, as he was just too dumb, the poor little guy, he just doesn't seem to realize the danger of man.
He comes daily and eats the grass in our yard
On Halloween we had visitors also, but can only include a few of the pictures.  It was great to have Wyatt, and so good to know that he and his family will be back in our area to live after the many years his daddy has been in the Marines.
Lou, Travis, Noell and Wyatt
Krista and Matthew were down early on Halloween, as they were going into Wellsboro so that Matthew could go with his cousin, Nick he had a better idea of what Trick and Treat was this year, but he can't have the majority of the candy due to his allergies, do Lou picked out a little truck for him and I got him a book on potty training, that flushes and he thought that was pretty neat.
The Soldier - Matthew
Now to bring you up to date on the MRI of my shoulder.  I had a return appointment with the orthopedist on Monday and was told that the surgery I had in February was not successful and that I also have a fresh rotator cuff tear that needs to be repaired.  No wonder I have such severe pain.  I am scheduled to have my preadmission testing tomorrow and the surgery is scheduled for the 21st of November with the possibility of it being moved up to the 14th of November.  I will be at least two weeks in a sling, then six to eight weeks of physical therapy.  This is much more extensive surgery than I had done in February, so I am going to be a busy person to get ready for the upcoming weeks ahead.  Need I say more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment