Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Still Baking

November 19th - Tuesday - Windy and Cold

I am busy getting the freezer full of goodies to help Lou out while I am confined to a sling for two weeks and decided that I would make some sticky buns for a friend for his birthday, as he doesn't get homemade baked goods.  I finished cleaning up the house today with the exception of the kitchen floor and want to do that tonight after dinner.  Then tomorrow, I want to get a few Christmas things out, as when I took time to count up the weeks that I would be confined, I would miss my decorating days and I can't have that.  I had already decided to forego the outside decorating.

Krista and Matthew came down Saturday afternoon and we got all of the wreaths ready for the cemetery and Lou and I delivered them yesterday, so that little job is all taken care of.  We even took straw to cover the newly planted bulbs that we had planted, so they will be kept warm this winter.
Wreaths are ready
Matthew is getting old enough to know that his grandparents live next door and when I walk in the door he goes for his shoes and he is ready to go with me.  Last week he wanted to come down and I couldn't take him and told him that he could come the next day after his nap.  It was cute, when he got up in the morning, he got out of bed, put his boots on and told Krista "go".
Matthew wearing his new hat and mittens that Krista crocheted

He loves to be outside and is content doing nothing or just walking around watching us do whatever needs to be done.  Loves to watch the birds, bugs, and anything that is moving around outside.  Very inquisitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment