Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Visit to St. Mary's, GA


January 28th - Tuesday - Rainy 55 degrees and getting colder as the day progresses.

Yesterday was a beautiful and I let my darling husband talk me into going shopping instead of going for a long walk.  I should have known better, it got to to 75 degrees, with bright sunshine and today we awoke to sunshine with an announcement that school for tomorrow has already been cancelled, due to the impending ice that was to be present tomorrow morning.

While Lou chatted with an Air Force gentleman a couple of RV's down from us, I got the RV cleaned up and did my shoulder exercises and answered my e-mails, sorted my laundry, decorated the RV for Valentine's Day.  We decided we would go back to our favorite seafood restaurant for lunch and then drive into historic St. Mary's and take a look around.  To me it is a beautiful small southern  town, it was raining so my pictures aren't very bright.
Ships at St Marys on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean

Inlet - St Mary's

Church - St. Mary's

One of the Historical Houses in St. Mary's

After we drove through St. Mary's we drove to Crooked River State Park.  I would have liked to have camped there; however, they do not have full hook ups readily available, but would have worked for a few days and think next year we will consider it.  I like camping in the forest, but it isn't Lou's thing.  I love to hike in the woods and be a bit more primitive.

Tomorrow is moving day, and we go on to May Port, FL.  I don't know what the internet service will be there, last time we were there it wasn't that great.  Will post as I am able.  We have reservations for two weeks with the possibility of an extension of a week.  The first two days we will be on the river front, which we will enjoy the ships coming and going and will take lots of pictures.

Today we skyped with Matthew and that is so nice to chat with him face to face.  That way he  isn't going to forget his Grandpa and Grandma.  He was used to coming to our house every day or so, and he and his Grandpa had to play airplanes every time he came.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment