Saturday, January 4, 2014

Using One of my New Christmas Presents

January 4th - Saturday  13 degrees below zero last evening without the wind - burrrrr

Yesterday while Lou was out shoveling snow, I thought I would do something for him.  Due to my shoulder surgery I can't help his with the snow removal, so the next best thing was to make his favorite cookie.

Notice the big beautiful bowl that I was using.  This was a gift from Preston, Lou's son.  Preston is a retired art teacher and one of the many talents is the throwing of pots, bowls, tea pots or any other object you might think of.  I just love it, one of my favorite Christmas presents.  Seems like I have found a reason to use the bowl every day since Christmas, so I haven't found a home for it, but it's home certainly will be a place where I can see it every day.

When Lou finally finished his job at dusk last evening, he enjoyed a steaming hot cup of tea and a couple of ginger snaps.  I made a double batch, and one batch went into the freezer for the trip south.

Today we had lunch in town with his two nephews and what a great time that was, both of them had spent time in the Air Force and have traveled extensively nearly three hours passed before any of us knew it and we were off to the grocery for more baking supplies.

Tonight we are going to enjoy another Christmas present for dinner.  Lou's granddaughter gave us a hand prepared berry pancake mix, and Lou is fixing sausage to go with it, sounds healthy doesn't it.  Think he feels with all of the shoveling in the last few days, he is going to reward himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment