Thursday, January 23, 2014

Naval Submarine Base - Kings Bay, Georgia

Naval Submarine Base - Kings Bay, Georgia  (see the submarine)

January 23rd  31 degrees -

Yes it is cold here, but nothing compared to what our family is telling us that we are missing at home.  Our cell phones started ringing early this morning to report the cold temperatures this morning and  to wish me a Happy Birthday.  It was good to hear from friends and family and to catch up on news from home.  Our internet service is spotty here, so can’t always post on our blog or catch up on our e-mail.

Yesterday, I stayed in all day long, the wind blew 40 MPH all day and all night and we were told to keep our water running a little all night long to keep it from freezing, which we all did.  I am so thankful that I packed additional winter clothing this year.  In fact, Krista helped me fix a pole to put in the car to hang summer clothes on and I transferred summer clothes from the RV to the car and put winter clothes in the RV and now I am very glad I did and so is my reluctant husband!  He is finding that his flannel shirts are feeling pretty good and this morning he asked me if I brought him some long sleeved tee shirts.  Sure enough I sure did!

Today, it got to 48 degrees, so I decided to do laundry again and hung some on the clothes bars and let the wind weave its magic.  We are both enjoying our books and I am enjoying reading my book on my kindle,  wish I had purchased one much earlier.

Last night for dinner, we did a two pound beef roast in our convection oven and it turned out delightfully.  I had not done a roast before.  It was a perfect medium, beautifully browned ,juicy and tender.  Will make delightful sandwiches later.
Tonight, Lou took me to a suggested seafood restaurant for my birthday dinner.  St. Mary’s Seafood and More on Osborne Road.  We got there about 4:00 pm and took advantage of the lunch menu, which fits my appetite much better.  I ordered shrimp and scallops, baked potato, coleslaw.  It was served with hush puppies, with light breading on the seafood and was piping hot and delicious.  This meal was $10.99, Lou ordered Stuffed crab, shrimp, scallops, grits and coleslaw and the cost of his meal was $12.99, when we went to pay for our meal, she noticed Lou’s ID card and said that he got 10% off, pretty good deal for a delicious meal and we had a great waitress that kept our coffee cups full.
My dinner

Sign for our restaurant 
Entrance at the restaurant 

On our way home, I asked Lou to go past the missiles so I could take a picture for the blog, he said he didn’t know where I was talking about, after much discussion and me trying to explain where it was, we finally figured it out, he had thought I said “nipples”.  One of the reasons we have such a good time together, it sure caused a good laugh between us.  Am sure we will remember that for a long time!!
The "Nipples"


After dinner we went to the Commissary and the PX to pick up a few things before coming back home.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aunt Kathy! Looks like you had a great day , Glad you are staying warm , it has been cold here too.
    Krista was wishing she was down south ! I had a chuckle about that and told her to come on down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Lou Steve wants a picture of those Nipples! hahahahahaa

    ReplyDelete