Saturday, January 25, 2014

Enjoying a Walk


January 25th - Saturday 39 degrees AM

Yesterday, we knew it was going to be our last day with full hook ups, I decided I would give the RV a good cleaning, wash my hair in the morning and get the laundry done along with the sheets, so I took care of all of that while Lou enjoyed his new book about Dr. Holliday that I got him  for Christmas.  It is a huge book with small print that goes into great detail regarding his life and Lou is enjoying it immensely.  We have brought about 20 book for each of us plus the ones that I have downloaded on my kindle so you know what we plan on doing.  So far I have read four from my kindle and need to start on my hard back books.

After all of the jobs were completed, Lou asked me if I wanted to go for a walk, it was really cold and windy, but I did want to get out and enjoy a walk, as we try to walk every day, so we donned our winter coats, scarves and ear muffs and were off.  The wind certainly did blow off of the lake.  Lou sort of laughed at me when I told him that I was going to bring along our ear muffs, but he didn't laugh yesterday when I put his in my pocket for him.  He thought they felt pretty good and it also keeps his hearing aids from whistling.

Along the lake we saw several King Fishers looking for their dinner and lots of little birds that we haven't been able to identify, they have a sound a lot like our little Chickadees but certainly not the coloring.  Will have to get our bird books out and look them up and take our binoculars along on our walks.

I did think this picture of this old tree with the Spanish moss was interesting.  I love the Spanish moss and the irrie designs it makes as it grows.  I always bake some to bring home to use in my flower pots during the summer, and I like to hang it on the fences, for the birds to gather and add to their nests and we have found that the Robins especially love to add it to their nests along with the mud.


Today was moving day, we moved to a grassy spot and no longer have a sewer hook up, but we will only be here for four nights and we are right next to the showers and laundry, so very convenient, so will be fine.  It really is nice to have a different view.  Tomorrow we will attend church on the base and found the service is at 10:30.  We always look forward to hearing the different chaplains.  More on that later.

We are going to have White Bean Chili for dinner tonight, should be good on a cool  evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment