Sunday, April 11, 2010

Last Sunday at MacDill







April 11th - Sunday - Low 74 degrees - Sunny w/ puffy clouds

We went to church for the last time here on the base. We attended the Chapel the same as last Sunday. We chose the early service 9:00 am and enjoyed a message on Hope - Faith delivered by Chaplin Coker. What a delightful person, he delivered his 25 minute sermon without notes and drifted from one place on the platform to another. He certainly had a captivated audience and he had a way of knowing it and responding right back to us with his point from a different direction. Next Sunday should find us at Travis and Noell's at the church on base there.

Yesterday, I thought would be a work day on the RV's outside, but DH forgot to bring his long handled brush, so none of that will be done before we get home. We opted to take another long walk, and the above pictures are from our favorite place to walk, around Lewis Lake here on base. We both love to watch the ducks, and other birds, you will note that I snapped a picture of the Roseate Spoonbill in flight. I can not resist the Mallards and the Coots, I guess my favorites. I always look for frogs and turtles and have yet to see one.

One of the pictures shows the golf course and the base of the horizon. As I have mentioned before this is such a large base, it is hard to cover all of it. Today on the way to church, I noted a huge library that I had not seen before.

The red berries, we don't know what kind of seed pods they are, we looked in our reference book when we came back; however, we could not identify them.

Last evening, we enjoyed NCIS and I worked on a pair of mittens that will be a Christmas gift for next year. I finally finished my recycled wool project that will hang on my sofa. Good to have one thing done.

Today, Estee has her appointment for her grooming and I want to do up all of the laundry before we leave here tomorrow. We are going to eat dinner out tonight, as I have prepared all of our big meals since we have been here, so this will be a nice switch. I am in hopes to get to the beach for a couple of hours, as I haven't gotten to do that this year yet. Hard to believe isn't it, for those of you that know me.

The picture of me is at DH's insistence, stating that I have posted all of him and Estee and nothing of me, so he snapped this after church today, as I was trying to get my shoes unbuckled.

1 comment:

  1. You two really know how to live! My envy travels with you! God speed and blessings on your journeys.

    ReplyDelete