Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back Home - Wellsboro, PA


April 29th - Thursday Cool and windy, w/ lots of sunshine

We are home and I guess we are glad to be here; however, as I was handing bags to Lou from the RV there were snow flakes falling, as a special "welcome home".

We spent yesterday, going through "mountains" of mail, and we finally finished up late last evening and we were able to put the card table away.

When we reached home, we found we didn't have a land line telephone, despite the fact we had called from Florida to reaffirm the date of our return, so we made a quick trip to the closest place we could find cell service and reported that, and the phone was restored late yesterday. We are without the extras on the phone, but can accept phone calls and make calls.

The mail contained many things that needed immediate attention, so we both made a list of things to do and set out trying to wrap all of it up at one time. That was a joke....; however, I was able to get a claim filed regarding the second incident involving the RV, and that is being taken care of. Poor DH seemed to hit a brick wall with everything he tried to do, so I took over his list today and spend several hours on the telephone and think we have that under control.

I sorted out three months of receipts and got them filed with the statements as we paid all of them. Still have the checkbooks to balance, but that will be the easiest part. Lou is off taking care of the gentleman's check book that he takes care of.

DH is coming down with the same bug I had prior to coming home, so got him started on an antibiotic and hopefully, he won't be much worse than he is now. I know I had a hard time shaking mine and am still taking an antibiotic. We both have appointments for our annual physicals coming up.

I am off to the grocery and pick up the bedding from the RV and get that all washed up and tomorrow will work on getting the clothes sorted out on what stays and what comes home.

Lawn work awaits us also, that is the fun part for me. I did get a plant box of pansies planted yesterday afternoon. Our spring flowers are just beautiful with many blooms yet to come.

2 comments:

  1. Seems strange to see pictures from your own yard on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ,Lets try this agian, I was saying that I had been keeping up with you & Lou the whole time you was gone and sounds like it was quite an adventure !
    I imagine you are glad to be home too and that I am sorry I forgot your anniversary it just does not seem like its been a year !
    It has been really hot this weekend ,90's and it is still 80 right now !

    ReplyDelete