Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Outside Day


May 5th - Wednesday - Sunny (summertime?) 80's

Lou and I are beginning to think that we needed to come home a little sooner, there is so much that is screaming for attention, we hardly know where to start or stop.

I went out early with the intent of finishing up the 50 some rose bushes that we have. We both love them, but they take a lot of time and work. We had the old wood cut off, but they needed to be fertilized and all of the cuts needed to be glued, and I finally have the job finished, even noted some tiny bugs on them that need to be sprayed. I then finished spraying Roundup on weeds that are not needed. I went through three gallons of that.

I had dug up some flowers that I wanted to take to Lou's house, as the rabbits ate everything that he planted last year. So we made a quick trip over there, and of course, it always takes longer than one would think, but all of them are in the ground and watered, so hopefully they will do well. I like to keep blooming flowers in the bed by the garage, so when the kids come to use the house, it is a friendly greeting, as their mother always had many flowers.

Lou once again tackled the garden, after the two mile walk. He has the soil worked up so nicely it looks like a bed of ashes, we were finishing up the white fence that goes around it when we noted the time, and realized we had to shower, eat and get to our square dance class by 6:30 pm.

By the time we got to our class it had already started. I was really dreading the class, as I have been away for 12 classes, so thought I would forget all that I had learned, but I was surprised, I did well, and was pushed through a couple of the new things, that I didn't know. I do so enjoy it when I don't get mixed up. It was so good to see the folks that I had gotten acquainted with again. I wasn't able to talk much, as I still don't have much of a voice. Hopefully, this antibiotic will help with that.

Now if it rains tomorrow, I can get my house cleaned up a bit and attend to some phone calls that need to be made, and then we need to get the RV cleaned out and ready to go again. Seems like we have a sunny list and a rainy day list.

No comments:

Post a Comment