Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Potpourri





May 18 - Tuesday Rainy and cool

We awoke to rain this morning, a perfect day to stay in and clean, right? I thought so. I gave Estee a bath before breakfast and started cleaning the bathrooms while DH prepared oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast. Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to have someone prepare breakfast for me each and every day and usually a variety from day to day. We have been enjoying Cream of Wheat, so it was nice to have a switch to oatmeal this am.

I went into our hobby room this morning and found my cactus plant with buds. This is a special cactus, as my granddaughter, Michelle started this plant for me years ago and it has suffered many upsets by all of us and when we went to Florida, Krista told me that she would bring it to bloom while we were away, well sure enough, buds for the first time. I was delighted.

Lou decided that he would occupy himself squeezing grapefruits and oranges that we had picked from Jean Frey's trees in Florida and he surely did squeeze, he ended up with a half gallon of grapefruit juice and almost a half gallon of orange juice. After he finished he had to call Jean and tell her what her trees had produced for us. Visiting with her was sheer pleasure for me. I had not met her before, but was instantly in love with the lady and her dog, next year must spend more time with her. Lou even shared the pulp of the orange with Estee, and she would eat anything in the world that come from Lou's warm hand. Spoiled???nah....

I finished up the cleaning project, sorta, more later when it rains, then we went to vote, got a bite to eat in town and on to Michelle's choral concert at the high school. It is really hard to believe that these kids that I have know from kindergarten are all graduating and off to college. Michelle started off the concert with a guitar and song solo. We are very proud of her, what she knows of playing the guitar is what she has taught herself, and she certainly has a sweet voice that she has been blessed with and she is free to share that gift with others. The total chorus had around 231 members, all performances were well received.

Two phone calls were received tonight from family members telling us of unfortunate events that need prayers and concerns. Thankfully, God is still in control of our lives and he knows the future for all of us.

Tomorrow we are off for a hair appointment for me, and we have many errands to run, along with a trip to the grocery in preparation for our camping trip this weekend in Orrstown, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment