Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day at the Beach






Day at the Beach

April 22nd - Friday - 85 degrees w/ gentle breeze

First thing this morning, I decided to get the laundry done, as the laundry is right behind our campsite and I had plans to get to the beach this afternoon. My plan was to get the clothes in the washer and come home and have breakfast and go back and get them in the dryer. At the wash house, I met a gal from Towanda, PA and I chatted with her a little longer than I should have and came home to find that Lou was on the phone and by the time he got off the phone, the clothes were ready to go into the dryer……….

By the time the laundry was finished we should have been eating lunch and not breakfast. I really missed the huge clothes lines at MacDill, so just used the clothes bars that Susie had given me, that actually I use every day, and I filled them up twice and still had to use the dryers. Here the washers were $.75 to wash and the dryers the same, which is cheap compared to some others, we have paid up to $2.00 per load and as low as no charge for laundry services.

We have decided to stay an additional week here; however, we have to move off of this site and go to a site without sewer service tomorrow and we are willing to do that for a week. Krista called us today and told us that it is snowing at home and we aren’t ready to face that and we really wanted to see the rocket launched on Friday. She and Susie kept telling us that we should stay and take advantage of being here for the launch and Lou finally consented to do that. Now we will be here until May 2nd and will probably not arrive home until around mid May as we want to spend three or four days in Elizabeth City.

This afternoon, we walked across the driveway to the beach and I really enjoyed that. I think this is more my thing than it is Lou’s, because I can spend hours picking up shells and little critters from the ocean and I did. I found the shell of a horseshoe crab that I am going to take home with me. I want to decorate my back deck with an ocean theme for summer. Think that is about the only thing I haven’t used, so thought that would be appropriate.

After our afternoon at the beach we came home and showered and drove to Melbourne to a restaurant that a local person had told us about called Squid Lips. It was crowded, but it was worth the wait, located on the shore, we had a beautiful view as the sun went down. Lou ordered us an appetizer that was out of this world. It was homemade potato chips, served hot, with balsamic dressing over them along with huge hunks of blue cheese, fresh chunks of tomatoes and green onions and all of this was topped with creamy blue cheese dressing. This was served with a loaf of hot herb bread and butter. By the time we ate this and our salad and our wine, I didn’t care if I ate my stuffed shrimp or not. All in all it was a wonderful meal.

We really haven’t eaten out a lot this winter, not like last year at Key West. I have done most of the cooking right here in our RV and we have eaten much the same as we would have had we been at home.

I baked another fresh strawberry pie today with the last of our Plant City strawberries. Certainly will miss them now, we have had them on our cereal each morning, and had cottage cheese and strawberries with a sandwich for lunch. The tomatoes right now are wonderful also.

On our way out to dinner tonight we happened to look up and see this formation of planes flying over, we were both lucky enough to have our camera with us and able to catch a picture of them as they passed over head. We are both enjoying our sunroof here at Patrick. We drive with the windows down and the sunroof open, no bugs to worry about.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to miss the beaches this summer...enjoy them for me!!!

    ReplyDelete