Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fam-Camp Church





Church - Walk on the Beach - Using Convection Oven


March 20th - Sunday - Beautiful - 85 Degrees

After visiting with the bright moon last evening, Lou and I set our alarm for early this AM so we could be to Fam Camp Church by 9:00 AM. We are very fond of the pastor at our Chapel. Rev. M.H. Carroll, has been spending his winters here for some years and has worked with Billy Graham for year prior to his retirement.

Today his message was on letting God be God. He had asked one lady that had been leading a Bible Study group here this winter give a summary of their study on The Lord’s Prayer, and then a gentleman that has just recently been saved give his testimony. All of this was very touching, and to top all of this off, the lady that is in charge of the prayer chain told how prayers had been answered since November. They also explained how they had gone about praying for people on the prayer list, right down to anointing the person requesting the prayer, along with fasting and prayer. Very enlightening. I have always had that fault with prayer chains, that often we never hear the results of our prayers.

After we returned home from church, I decided to try out our new convection oven and I made a sausage quiche for our lunch. Krista had helped us set it up before we left and she told us we would enjoy using it and she was right, once we get on to it. I also fixed a creamed spinach casserole to have with it, all in all made a nice lunch.

After lunch, we decided to take a walk on the beach, we stopped at the RV of Donna and Chuck’s and visited with them longer than we had intended, so by the time we got to the water, it was almost 5:00 pm, so didn’t get to stay long. One of these days, I am going to take my book and spend the afternoon.

The pictures that I hope to post are of the beach, the marina, our church, flowering bushes, and our quiche.

I should also mention, Susie, I am using the clothes bars daily, as do many other folks. I used a bungee cord that Lou had and tied it to the table so it stands up proudly. Hang my dish towels out and all of my hand washables and anything that needs to be ironed, so once again, thanks for your thoughtfulness.

Preston, I talked your dad into buying sandals yesterday. I had purchased a pair of Tevas from LL Bean before we left home and told him that is what he needed and yesterday he found some at he PX and darned if he didn’t buy them, I couldn’t believe it, he even wore them today. I think once he gets them broken it he will be very happy with them.

(Sorry this is so late in getting posted, it got lost in the time of no internet and me being sick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment