Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Heavy Thundershowers - Late Afternoon Walk









April 5th - Tuesday - Thundershowers early this AM and clearing around 6:00 pm High 70 degrees

Lou and I were up early this morning, he dressed quickly and was off on a jog to the office to pick up the weekly mail that Kris forwards on to us. He hadn't been gone by a few minutes and a huge clap of thunder was heard, followed by a down pour, soon my cell phone rang and it was DH asking if I would come and get him, so I grabbed the car keys and the umbrella and went to the car to find that he had left the sun roof partly open along with both windows, so I grabbed the afghan from the back seat to put in his seat, so he would have a dry spot to sit upon and was off to the office. Once back home we put the long slide back in and changed into dry clothes and had breakfast and caught up on our mail while the storm hit in its entirety.

After the storm passed on we put our slide back our and it was time to fix some lunch and clean up from that. I rearranged the kitchen cupboards while Lou finished another of his Johnstone books, then we decided to take Estee and go for a long walk. We needed to put our jackets on, as the temperature had dropped down to 68 degrees, but thankfully the mosquitoes were not bad. We walked over to Lewis Lake and were gone about an hour, the above as pictures that I took. These are things that we normally see while on our walk. This is such a wonderful place to walk and Lou gets a little upset with me, as he likes to walk as fast as he can and I just enjoy walking to take in the sights. It is a place where we can walk and take Estee off the leash and just let her go and explore and she also enjoys her time outside.

Tomorrow is going to be laundry day again, and Thursday, I have an appointment to get my hair cut, and Estee has a return appointment with the Vet. I will post more about her appointment later, as I want to go into detail about this encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment