Friday, October 4, 2013

A Week of Many Accomplishments

October 4th - Friday - Showers off and on

This has been a beautiful week to accomplish tasks and we have been very busy doing just that.  If I had been working, I always scheduled my vacation for the first two weeks of October.  Fall is my favorite time of the year and I always enjoyed my two weeks of vacation to the fullest, even though I would be busy every minute of the day and most of the evening.

As you can see from the picture.  The barn has been painted!! Yeah.  Krista, Steve and Michelle came to our rescue and we used two paint sprayers and the brushes and made quick work of it.  I did all of the shutters the next day and got everything put back into place.
Steve and Lou working on the north side of the barn

Krista working on the south end
We thought it took Krista and Steve longer to clean out the sprayers than it did to paint the barn, but they did a good job and they are ready to use the next time.


Michelle started out keeping Matthew happy, but ended up using a paint brush

Matthew ended up with his own paint brush and had a great time and had a "little" paint on him, but after a huge lunch he enjoyed a three  hour nap.

Lou repaired out potting table and now has a fresh coat of stain.



The next job that Lou started was filling the cracks in the driveway and he has gotten them all filled in and then he tackled the sidewalk.  It seems that the ground cover is overtaking the sidewalk, so he decided to pull out the edging along the sidewalk and re-position it, found it was a bigger job that he thought it was going to be and he didn't get it finished before it started to rain.


We had company for most of the day today, so didn't back to it today, so will have to wait until next week to complete it, as we have an open house to attend tomorrow.  We enjoyed visiting with friends from Arizona today and I can't share pictures, as I left my camera outside and it got wet, so have to order a new camera.  Thankfully, all of the pictures that I had taken are fine.  Was an expensive lesson!

Our special thanks to Kris, Steve and Michelle for the help on the barns, yes, I forgot to mention that we were able to paint both of the barns, now am just waiting for Jeff to get new boards on our little barn by the house and I can get that painted and we will be in pretty good shape again.




No comments:

Post a Comment