Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall Garden

October 9th -  Wednesday - Sunny and  Beautiful

Today is a day that brings back memories that never leave.   Today marks the sixth year since Al passed away and Lou and I both agree, we never forget those dates, but we have many wonderful memories and we are always sharing those memories with each other.  We noted today that Al's favorite rose is ready to bloom again and the year that he died, it bloomed in time for Krista to made a  boutonniere for his suit that he was buried in.

October has always been a very special month for me.  My oldest daughter was born in October, and I met Al in October and my first date with Lou was in October.  Plus fall is my favorite season of the year.  This year, I decided that I would plant a fall garden, as I knew we were going to be away for the month of August, when the summer garden would be coming in.  I am so glad that I did.  I planted everything just before we left, and today I harvested the first of the green beans and they were delicious tonight.  I also picked Swiss chard and cooked that for dinner to go with our stuffed pork chops and baked apples.  It all tasted so good.

Today was a day of accomplishments.  I was able to finish up cleaning the garage, it turned out being a two day job.  Lou finished up the sidewalk and got all of the spent flowers hauled away, after cutting the grass.  Such a good feeling to know those big jobs are crossed off our list for fall.  The rest of our jobs won't take several days to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment