Monday, September 9, 2013

Grandparent's Day

September 9th - Monday - Beautiful Day- Cool with blue sky

We have had a very busy few days.  Remember I told you we were going to stay with the great-grandgirls and we did and had a wonderful time.  The hours went so quickly and I took my camera with me and never thought to take it out of my purse.  Maegan had our dinner all ready for us and what a treat to sit at a huge dining room table with four girls and listen to their stories of school and their activities of the day.  They are all good eaters, so their was no coaxing to finish their dinner, they all picked up their dishes and took them to the dishwasher.  The new baby even sat in her swing and had a snooze while we dined.  Was a nice evening.
The next day Shawn and Maegan took the girls to the funeral and Lou and I also attended Teddy's funeral, which was very nicely done by his pastor with his daughter and brother taking an active part in the service.  His sister played the piano and his brother-in-law led the singing.  I think Teddy would have been pleased with the service.

On Friday afternoon my favorite electrician/plummer, Rex Fuller came to finish the electrical project that he had started while we were away.  He has put in complete new service for us, it had been done in 2005, but had failed and he suggested some changes, so now we will not have to be concerned about it.  Rex has always been so good to help me in any way.  He worked with Al to install our well and pump initially and then any time we have had a problem he has been right here to take care of any problem.  A good Christian man that we can depend on.  Krista has had to call him when we have been in Florida, and he has always been there, besides that he and his wife are just good people.
The finished Project
 Saturday Lou spent the day with his friend Donnie doing his check book and doing odds and ends that he needed help with, which had really piled up with us being gone for a month.  I worked on food that we needed to have ready for Coffee Hour at church.  It was a good thing I did, as it ended up I was sick all night on  Saturday evening and wouldn't have been able to have done it.

Sunday we went to church and enjoyed our Coffee Hour, didn't have many folks at church, our church is suffering from the loss of our pastor and the arrival of our new pastor.  I know several people are going to other churches.  It is always hard to get used to a new pastor.  After church, Lou and I went to Perkins and I enjoyed a bowl of chicken noodle soup while Lou enjoyed pancakes, bacon and eggs.  After our meal we went for a ride and stopped at Walmart and picked up some bulbs to plant at the cemetery and we wanted to check on a friend's house that they are building and on our way back I saw something that I have never seen before.  A plum tree with fruit on it.

Can you see the plums?



We came home after our ride and found a sweet message on our machine from Michelle wishing us a Happy Grandparent's Day and telling us that she had gotten us a card but hadn't found us at home, so later on Matthew came in the door with an envelope in his hand and a big smile on his face wanting us to open the card.  It was nice to be remembered on our special day.  I think I can honestly say that Michelle hasn't missed this special day since she was old enough to know what Grandparent's Day was all about and she is teaching her brother about the finer joys of life also.  One of the joys of growing older!!

No comments:

Post a Comment