Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy Birthday to our First Great-Granddaughter

September 16th - Monday

Yesterday was a pretty day, and you can see that our trees are beginning to show the signs of fall fast approaching.  My very favorite time of the year and I do think we are going to have to hurry to get everything done that we want to accomplish before it gets too cold to work outside.

Our church attendance was very low today with only 19 people attending.  Lou's sister was away so it was left to me to collect the monies and to make all of the notations in the books, so it was a little late when we got out of church.  We met our friends at George's for breakfast and caught up on some of the happenings on things that we missed while we were away.  George and his wife had been in Greece while we were away, so there were a few stories to be shared there.

We were off to Shawn and Maegan's house for dinner this evening to celebrate Abby's 13th birthday.  A full fledged teenager.  She told me that she is now 5'2".  I had been telling her for sometime that she was going to be a lot taller than me, well she has hit that point.  She had a cute black and white skirt on tonight with a black top and she really looked nice.  She is so good to help her mother with the tasks at hand.  She even asked to make her own dessert - no recipe, just her own creation and it was really tasty and enjoyed by all of us.

I always look forward to the parties at their houses, as we get to chat with Maegan's parents, my cousins, Joe and Deanna Powell along with Deanna's father, my first cousin Ted Compton.  It is so nice when we are all related and get to visit and catch up on what is happening in all of our families.  We were chatting about family history tonight and the need to date and put names on all of the photos that we take.  One reason that I enjoy looking back at my blog.  If Kris and I want to remember something, we find ourselves looking back.

You will notice the pictures that I took at the party, really don't show the faces of the girls, and that is at the request of Shawn and Maegan and I have tried to honor their request.  Tonight the baby was dressed in blue jeans and she looked so cute.  I didn't get a picture of her to share either.
It was good to have Noell and Wyatt with us tonight also.  We are just waiting for Travis to get moved up also.  Noell told me tonight he is still waiting for one more signature on his leave papers and he will be on his way to Pennsylvania.  Work is progressing along very nicely on their home in Stony Fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment