Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Repairs to Towing Bars

September 3rd - Cooler and Cloudy

Today we were up early and I had an appointment in town, so I was off as quickly as I had breakfast.  Lou worked on our laundry and ran the sweeper for me while I was gone.  I stopped at Dunham's Hardware on my way home to get a new outside garbage can, RV antifreeze and a couple other items that were on sale.  That is one of my favorite places to shop, Marge is a terrific help and a good friend, always a good choice all the way around.  Prior to my retirement, it was a weekly stop.

Krista and Matthew were down this afternoon for a few minutes and we chatted with them, then Lou decided he would tackle the job of repairing the tow bars that had been damaged during our trip.  I had ordered replacement parts from Roadmaster and they arrived today.  As Lou went to the garage to work on his project, I tackled the ironing.  I had just finished when he came in and asked me if I would be willing to help him.  He had gotten part of it apart, but found that he could not get the old bushings out, so we tackled that job and what a job it was, finally I suggested taking a hack saw blade and see if we could saw through the old bushing enough to pull it out, darn if that didn't work.  Lou finally put it back in the brace and was able to pull it out after he cut through it with the blade.  One bushing done.

I was going to bake a fresh peach cobbler for dessert tonight, but think Lou needed my help more than we needed dessert.  We are enjoying sweet corn that Maegan brought to us yesterday, it is yellow corn and just delicious, she was so generous, she picked enough to share with us and with Krista and her family.  Tomorrow night Lou and I are off to Shawn and Maegan's house to stay with the five little girls while they go to the funeral home.  We have had so many deaths in our family in the last few months and with school just starting we thought this would be helpful for them.  Then we will go to the funeral on Thursday.  We are looking forward to spending time with the great-granddaughters.  Remember the newest one was born while we were in Prince Edward Island.

See the hole where the bushing came out and the bushing that we took out laying on the top all twisted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment