Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Fall Work Continues

September 10th - Tuesday -  Cloudy and Misty Rain

I must have heard the weather forecast for another country, as I thought it was supposed to be in the 90's, and I awoke to misty rain and clouds, I had planned on continuing my outside work, but had a change of plans.

Lou spent the entire day yesterday with Steve West at his body shop while Steve worked on the front end of our car trying to repair the damage that was done by towing the car over the rough roads on our way to Prince Edward Island.  He also painted a couple of spots that needed attention.  Car looks great; however, we still can not hook it up to be towed.  I told Lou we could always buy a bike rack and put it on the back of the RV, he didn't like that idea, so now Lou is going to have to go back to Steve and see what else they can try.

On the positive side, Cole and Burd have finally figured out why our cruise control and our brake lights haven't been working correctly.  We need a new control module, and they have ordered it and will have it installed on Friday.  This has been an ongoing problem for over six months, so we are extremely glad to have that mystery solved.

While Lou was gone, I continued to cut off my iris, peonies, and other spent perennials, seems like an unending job, but always looks good when I am done, about the time snow flies.  Lou hauled it away after he cut the grass last evening.

Krista and Steve have been scraping paint on the big barn and we want to paint it now that we have electric now, but found some bad T-1-11 boards, so called around to get some prices, and need to have Lou finish measuring to find out just how much we need and get it ordered and delivered so we can make the repairs and get that job finished before it gets cold.  Hopefully, it won't be too complicated.  Al and I built the barn, so Lou and I ought to be able to repair it.

Our fall garden is doing great, we had beets for dinner last evening and the green beans are getting ready to bloom.  The lettuce and spinach are ready to eat, am really glad that I decided to plant a late one.

No comments:

Post a Comment