Sunday, January 24, 2010

Clean Houses - Birthday Roses - Dinners out



We have had some busy days since our last posting; however, we now have two clean houses and have celebrated my birthday in great fashion.

I finished up my house on Friday, right down to stripping and rewaxing my hard wood floor in the kitchen. Everything looks good and I will delight in my efforts for the two weeks prior to our departure.

I can't say the same for Lou, he has been working on a tractor that belongs to a friend and still can't get it to continue running. Tomorrow he is going to contact another friend to come out and see if he can lend a hand.

Friday night, my brother Jerry and his wife Joanne took us out to dinner at a lovely restaurant in Westfield, complete with a birthday cake. Joanne presented me with a beautiful hand crocheted doily that she had made prior to her arm and shoulder injury. I have many of her hand made projects and they each add much to our home.

Saturday we ran errands and ended up at Lou's house to finish up the cleaning from the holidays and making the last minute security touches to keep the home through out the rest of the winter. We left there around 6:00 pm and ran home and quickly got ready to keep our dinner reservations for The Wren's Nest. Neither of us had eaten there, and were graciously served a wonderful meal. The picture above was taken there and the other picture shows the entrance to the restaurant. Lou and I both remembered the house as being the Dr. Morris' residence. It was very interesting to see how they have decorated the inside and have taken advantage of each individual room. Bringing back memories to me of the Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio.

It seems the older I get the more birthday cards I receive, I was amazed at the number of people which remembered me with cards, all of which were very much appreciated. Each of my daughters presented me with wonderful presents that will be used on a daily basis. Think we have all realized that we no longer need knick-knacks for the house. We have reached capacity. You will note DH presented me with a beautiful bouquet of long stem red roses, along with a very special card with a hand written note.

Our church service was another thought-provoking sermon on all of the parts of the church body that are needed to make the church a whole body. This is coming from the scripture of I Corinthians 12:12-31. We had a presentation from our whole choir, they are few in number (eleven) however, they can send out wonderful vibes. We are blessed by many great voices.

This week is going to bring us to the final count down and each day is going to have a purpose to reach our final goal of leaving on the 4th of February.


No comments:

Post a Comment