Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spring Housecleaning


I can now say that I have two rooms completely cleaned, every drawer, cupboard, shelf and carpet scrubbed. Have had wonderful weather to hang everything on the clothesline.

The last time Lou and I were at Sam's Club I spotted this glass cleaner and it jogged a memory from childhood. My mother always purchased this glass cleaner, but I also remember that it was hard to find, and only certain places would have it. We bought three containers and I have gone through those three and am now on my second batch. I just love it, I use it on mirrors, my marble vanities, windows and my stainless steel sink. It makes every thing sparkle. I keep some in the bathroom and each night after we are ready for bed I do the sinks and vanities and they look so good in the morning. FlyLady would be so pleased.

Today I finished my scrapbooks. Krista and I purchased scrapbooks before Christmas and we did the ones for the grandsons and I had purchased one to do for Lou and me with our wedding pictures and our honeymoon, I was able to finish it this afternoon. I had done some scrap-booking years ago, and now they have so many new items to use it was really fun. Think I will look for a book while we are in the south and do one for our three month vacation. Although, the one I did on the computer of our October trip was much easier. Will give this some thought.

I have made several kinds of homemade soup and have it frozen to take with us also. Tomorrow I am going to bake a ham and then make split pea soup to have to take also. The ham recipe that I am going to use tomorrow night is baking the ham in beer and then making a glaze with the beer and spices. Thought it would be fun to try something a bit different. DH is always up for something new and different.

Lou and I are anxiously awaiting information so we can file our income taxes. That is a top item on our "to do list".

Lou was able to get the part he needed for his friend's tractor; therefore, tomorrow he is in hopes he can get the tractor up and running. I am going to do some more of my spring cleaning, and change around some outside lighting. Will be another good day to hang curtains on the line and wash blinds.

Tonight was square dancing and we started off with a winter picnic, then danced the rest of the evening. We are getting better all of the time. Actually had a good time dancing, the club gives a lot of support to us new students.

Friday night we are going out to dinner with my brother and his wife and then Saturday night, Lou and I are going to the Wren's Nest for my birthday. I honestly had forgotten about it coming up so quickly, until they announced my name at square dancing and I got hugs and kisses from everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment