Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cold Baby!

The temperature here in Northeastern Pennsylvania is 11 degrees with a wind making a wind chill factor of zero. It may have been very cold today, but as I hung our bed linens on the clothesline, I couldn't help but notice what a beautiful day it was. The sky was a beautiful blue and not a cloud to be seen.

Lou and I were able to shovel off the driveway again where it had drifted in last night. It is hard to believe as cold as it was, the drive way did all thaw off and it was completely dry before dark. I am ever so thankful we have a paved driveway.

I spent the afternoon cleaning while Lou delivered a new television to one of his friends and helped him get it hooked up. I am sure he is enjoying the large screen and the beautiful color that the new television was equipped with. This gentleman doesn't get out in the evenings and this is his only entertainment. Hopefully, he will find something good to watch. We just enjoyed an old program of Lawrence Welk. Now to us that is good television. Now we are going to finish the series of North and South. Lou hates to see this end, he has throughly enjoyed this as he had never seen it before.

John Jakes, the author of the books was from Kettering, Ohio, so I had read the books as he wrote them, and I was not disappointed when it was made into a series for television. After, we moved back to Pennsylvania, our son-in-law, Tim also read the books. Many hours of good reading enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment