Thursday, January 14, 2010

Old Friends

Today was a day I had looked forward to. Once a month, two of the girls that I worked with up until my retirement, met at our local hotel for lunch and a time of catch up. This is always a good time for all of us, but the time goes so quickly, but we try to catch up on the latest events in each of their families. One girl is a new first time grandma, and she reports events that are so special to her, and the other girl has three active little boys that keep her family on a fast track.

I left DH home and was surprised to come home and find that he had done many extra things to make my day a little easier, right down to sweeping out the garage and running the vacuum in the garage. We are now ready for the next snow storm. He even found time to get his walk in.

He met me at the door with his arms full of bed linens fresh from the clothesline. He jumped in the car and was off again to try and repair the tractor belonging to his friend. Lou has decided we need to stop in Williamsport tomorrow for a new part to help rebuild the ailing carburetor.

Krista e-mailed me to tell me that she and her sister found one of my favorite stores to shop in Williamsport, so hopefully we will have enough time to check it out. Like Krista said, we have to have some fun with all of these trips to the Cancer Center and we try to do that.

We took advantage of the great weather this afternoon and grilled steak for dinner. We are always thankful for these mid-winter breaks and take advantage of any weather breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment