Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sorting



One of the things I wanted to accomplish before we leave for the winter is come up with an updated Christmas Card list. Lou and I sent out over 100 cards, and thought we could scale back for next year. Would you believe we are still receiving cards from dear people and it is very difficult to come up with a list, as we so enjoy reading the notes and letters along with viewing the pictures that come with so many of the cards. Guess we will think on this one a bit before we decide.

We got our exercise before breakfast this morning. We awoke to snow, so we took care of the driveway and sidewalks first, then enjoyed a breakfast of fresh papaya and our cereal and juice. I probably can count on both hands the number of times I have fixed breakfast since Lou and I were married, he took over that job, as I really could go without breakfast and lunch,as I am always anxious to get started on the jobs I have scheduled for the day; however, I do relish sitting down to a meal all prepared for me and having someone to enjoy the meal with. A good time to do our morning devotions together and really start the day off correctly. So this (me) morning starter now gets started on my jobs after lunch. I am very thankful to have someone to share my days with and to be able to linger over a cup of coffee to chat or listen to another interesting story. Isn't that what retirement is all about???

It has been a wonderful day to do laundry, washed our bed linens, even the mattress pad and hung everything on the line. All dried wonderfully fluffy and have the great below zero aroma that I love. DH has also come to love that same smell, although at times it is hard to get him to admit it. Especially, when I change the bed every other day.

DH picked up a new virus/internet protection system (Kaspersky) for our computers yesterday, so am installing them into both of our computers today. This was recommended to me by my computer repair shop, and it is easy to see why it is several steps above Norton, which is what I had previously. It is licensed so we can put it on three computers, so will install it on Lou's at his house also.

With the snow and cold weather this morning, decided it was time for some comfort food. I made homemade macaroni and cheese along with escalloped tomatoes for dinner. They are beginning to smell delicious. We have to eat early tonight so we can be to square dancing by 6:30 pm.

Tomorrow is cleaning day and have an appointment to have the oil changed in my car. I finally have 5,000 miles on my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment