Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Birthday - Michelle



It is difficult to believe that this little girl that came into my world 18 years ago today, is nearly ready to graduate from high school. She has brought so much love and joy into my life over the last eighteen years. My late husband, and I had the privilege of having her in our home daily as she was growing up and then later having her live next door to us.

She is the one we learned to depend on, as my husband was entering the final stage of his life, she was here and ready to do anything that needed to be done. In the final month of his life she had talked to him about a vacation that she had planned with her father's family and he told her to go. She came down hours before she was to leave, brought her I-Pod, crawled into bed with her "Pa" and asked him to listen to several songs, telling him how she felt about him. As it was time for her to leave, her mother called her and informed Michelle her ride was awaiting her, she hugged and kissed her Pa goodbye and left.

As the day progressed, Al became more restless and kept asking for Michelle, and finally Krista asked him if he really wanted her here and he did, so Kris got on the cell phone and called Michelle, yes she wanted to come back. Our grandson, Shawn, got into his truck and drove to below Harrisburg at a designated meeting place and raced back with Michelle. I shall always remember her foot falls as she came running up the sidewalk at nearly 1:00 am and threw herself on her Pa's bed and stayed with him throughout the night. All of us expected her Pa would be in Heaven when we awoke, but God had other plans, but I know Al remembered the sacrifice Michelle made for her Pa.

This is just one of the reasons, I love this young lady and wish her a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

More about my special grandchildren, and and grandchildren-in-laws later, I have been very blessed by my children and grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet blog entry today! I can't believe she is 18 and almost ready to graduate either...

    ReplyDelete