Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ELECTRICITY !!!



March 24th - Wednesday Low- 58 High 85 Sunny-beautiful

We left the Everglades at 10:30 am and hated to leave the beautiful birds that were in our yard. We had a large amount of Catbirds, Cardinals, Mockingbirds, and of course, crows.....

We stopped at Dade Corner for gas and paid $2.95 a gallon in hopes we could get cheaper gas when we got closer to Fort Myers.

We saw many alligators, birds and turtles on our way up route 41 along the canal. Beautiful drive up to Fort Myers. We stopped at the Information Center and made our lunch and let Estee out to walk and then traveled in the rest of the way. We are right on Tamiani Trail and that is one of my favorite routes in Florida. Scott told me many years ago if I remembered that route, I could get myself about any place I wanted to go.

Lou and I arrived at Shady Acres at 3:15 PM, and I helped Lou set up on the outside and then I came inside and turned on the air conditioning and went to work. This is the first time we have had electricity since the 11th of February. What a treat, and I let the water run while I did dishes this evening.

I fixed a orange glazed chicken for dinner and we both enjoyed having glass dinnerware and all of the niceties. While I was doing dishes, Lou had a phone call from his Grandson in the service and they had a nice chat. We had been praying for him, as he was a little discontented with his current assignment, but seems like things are working out better for him now. This pleased his Grandpa. Now that we are back in cell phone area, the phones have rung all evening. We have lots of laundry to do tonight and need to get to that.

Lou called his friend, Doris tonight and we are going there tomorrow for lunch. We will be here tomorrow night and then we go on to Scott's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment