Friday, March 12, 2010

Hot and Humid *** Quilt block?


March 12th - Friday Low 75 degrees - High 85 very still and humid




Daddy Bones Bar-B-Q
2502 N Roosevelt Blvd
Key West, FL




Smoke-House Salad





We awoke early this am, and found it to be overcast and humid and as the morning progressed it got hotter and more humid. Lou went over to the group patio for coffee and doughnuts and I prepared for the day.

Our neighbors that were directly behind us from Missouri stopped over to tell us goodbye and made a last ditch effort to take Estee with them, as their little poodle and Estee had fun together and our other friends from Towanda packed up and left. So we thought we were going to be about alone, however, it wasn't ten minutes before an elderly couple came with a Brave and took the spot the couple from Missouri had. It is a good site, as it also has shade.

The humidity bothers me so we didn't do a lot today. I sat on the sofa with the window open and a gentle breeze coming in and Lou snuggled up to me and we both finished our books. I finished one of D. Steele's books and as usual it was super. I had just picked it up yesterday and Lou finished his 8th book in his series. Both of us have enjoyed time reading.

We drove up town this afternoon, and girls==== guess what I found??? A Ben Franklin Craft store. I had been wanting to get some bamboo knitting needles in a size 9, and a bit shorter than what I have been using, as when we are riding, the yarns slips off the metal ones. Girls, I got some fabric to do my quilt square with and some white on white for the background and the fusing stuff, needles and thread for quilting, now what do I do??? I have squared the fabric, should I wash it first??

At the store, I found the 50% off tables and got Christmas lights, a beautiful candle for the RV and I want to go back and look some more. They have oodles of fabric, not like Katie's but different from what we see at home. So today after we got back I got out my scarf and have been knitting tonight and not reading.

We tried to run the generator and the A/C unit, but it is so humid it draws the fumes from the generator inside and sets off the alarm, so we have turned the generator off and had to stop our movie, and looks like we will read and have showers and hope tomorrow will be better.

I have to tell you about the place we ate today. It is called Daddy Bones, and it was beside Ben Franklin, and we just took a chance, and was it ever good. It was impeccably clean and so cleverly decorated and not as pricey as some of the places have been. Note the picture of Lou sitting on the Chevy Sofa. The salad had three different kinds of barbecue - pork, beef and chicken and so many different sauces to chose from.

I did our laundry this evening, so hopefully, tomorrow will be less humid and we can get out to walk and enjoy the ocean and such. Estee hasn't cared for the weather today either. Seems very common for the little dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment