Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quick Tour of Key West Flower Display









March 20th - Saturday First Day of Spring Low 61 Degrees - High 75 Degrees - Sunny, blue sky and light breeze

We awoke to a beautiful morning, with the purr of generators on both sides of us. The couple behind us were up early to take their kids to the airport to fly back to Vermont. Ron, on the other side of us was on his way to the beach to soak up the rays. Lou and I made plans to get the house cleaned up and the sheets washed and bed made back up and then have the rest of the afternoon to do what we wanted.

Guess you all know day to day routine doesn't work like that, as I was pulling the sheets off the bed, I noticed a nail that had worked out in the paneling by the bed, we got to looking a little further and noted more nails had pulled out, so we were off to Home Depot to get some nails and liquid nails or some type of glue. Who can go into Home Depot and look around, not me, much to Lou's amazement. I would rather shop in there than Sacks, so I guess we could say we wasted a lot of time there.

I had also gotten Lou several pair of new shorts at Beals yesterday, and we wanted to return one pair, so got him to go in with me and that took some time also, then a stop at Walgrens,so by the time we got the nails driven in, our new purchases put away and the RV cleaned up we were a little late leaving for the flower show, and we had to hurry through it a bit, but my gosh, how beautiful it was. We both enjoyed it immensely. Next year, will need to go back and have more time to spend there.

For dinner this evening, we went back to Lou's favorite Cuban restaurant/ I had told DH that I was just going to order yellow rice and black bean soup and he told me I couldn't do that, so I got stuffed shrimp again and we both ordered conch chowder and of course, it was served with a loaf of freshly baked Cuban buttered bread. We ended our meal with Key Lime Pie, this one was served with meringue which is the way I make it at home.

We have both made phone calls home today, called Tim and Sue to wish them Happy Anniversary, but didn't reach time, hopefully, they were out enjoying the spring weather and having a wonderful anniversary dinner. Kris, Steve and Michelle were in Elizabethtown to make the final arrangements for Michelle to attend college there in the fall. All are excited about that. Talked to Shawn and Maegan this week and they are all excited, as they are preparing for a vacation to visit Trav, Noell and Wyatt. We thank God for all of our family and their health and the ability to go and do what they want to do.

Tomorrow is church and will be the last service we are able to attend here in Key West. We delayed out departure so we could attend this Sunday, and if all goes well we will be at MacDill next Sunday for Palm Sunday.

Folks, can you spot the two small lizards in two different pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment