Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pretty Flowers - Catch Up Day


March 3rd - Wednesday 63 degrees low and 64 high. The wind blew hard all night long, so strong that it even shook the RV, but gradually it calmed down. I checked the weather and it said only a 10 % chance of rain, well Mr. Weatherman, I got my hair wet twice today, and I haven't had my shower yet tonight!!

Speaking of showers, I wonder how many of the folks dry camping take their showers at the shower house, so they can bathe their dogs in their showers in the RV's? I did get Estee bathed today and she looks so shinny and bright. I washed all of the blankets that she sleeps on and got her little bed out to air out today. This really was a catch up day. I stripped the bed and washed the sheets and made the bed back up with fresh linens, and I can tell you that I miss my clothes lines. I have noted some of the RV's have a clothes lines that attach themselves to the ladder that goes up to the roof. DH is going to check into that for me before next year.

Lou went out to the base and got a haircut and picked up a new filter for the furnace. That gave me a good reason to clean that area really well, and I ended up washing all of the rugs and airing out the comforter and even washed down the walls at the further end of the RV and waxed the wood, so things look pretty good tonight.
This is a view of a park down town in KEY WEST that depicts the pirates and the jobs they did. The flowers are yet to be names. I want to research them. I have been told there are always flowers blooming here and I can believe it, the most beautiful colors and so many shades of green. It is indeed going to be hard to leave this area and we are giving it some serious thought to staying much longer.

We have had nice comments from people that are following our Blog and they are stating they are enjoying each days comments. I enjoy doing it , but actually it is just a diary as I have been keeping over the last 40 years, only this time other folks have been able to read it. Nothing fancy.

Tomorrow is our late luncheon with our friends from our SMART group and then we are going to spend the afternoon together. Oh I forgot to tell you all that DH baked peanut butter cookies tonight while I finished up the cleaning. They turned out great.

Susie, Estee seems to be fine now, back to her normal self, so guess we will wait and see what happens. Lou makes sure that she gets plenty of exercise each day, they have been playing Frisbee and of course, they walk each day, just not as long as the two miles we have been doing with her. No treats other than lettuce, and she misses her carrots.

1 comment:

  1. "...we are giving it some serious thought to staying much longer..."

    I know it wouldn't be wanting to come home anytime soon! Today is the first day we have had sun in I don't know how long, but it nowhere near 60 degrees and everything is still very white, not green!

    I'm glad to hear that Estee is doing better! Could have just been a virus or something...hard to say. It still couldn't hurt to have the vet check her blood sugar and then you would know if it is diabetes for sure or not. Sadie really enjoyed her ice cube treats after she had to go on her special diet...maybe Estee would like them too.

    Remember to bring sunshine and warm weather home with you when (or if) you decide to come home! :o)

    ReplyDelete