Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Laundry Day - Reading - Sunshine















DH forgot to set the alarm last night, we we both had the luxury of sleeping in
Later post: I don't know what happened to the rest of this lengthy post; however, I will try to re-do it at this time. This would have been the post for Wednesday Feb 17th Ash Wednesday.

I toted my laundry over to the laundry house to find there was broken pipe and we couldn't use the washers, so Lou and I loaded everything into the car and went up to Sigsbee camping area and did three loads of laundry there. He sat in the car and read his book, finishing the 5th book
in his Eagles series of William Johnstone. I also finished my last book and was ready to start a new one also. I found a new book in the laundry, where people leave their books for swapping and it looked better than the one I brought to read next, so I scooped it up and started it. Very good. Lou and I both enjoy reading and not being used to television at home, we really don't miss not having it. We did bring along some new DVD's but haven't even watched them. We do have our XM radio and it will play on AC or DC current and we enjoy that at all times. Yes, Susie, we hear Sheppard Smith twice daily and he keeps us updated on the current news. I certainly can listen to him much easier than I can take three hours of Rush Limbrough, or however you spell his name.

We stopped at the commissary for spices that we needed to some different cooking, both of us had not thought about not being able to use the crock-pot without electricity, so change of thought. For dinner we used the propane and baked a lovely pork roast, with baked potatoes and spiced baked apples and fresh green beans. Of course, Lou had to have one of his freshly baked ginger cookies for desert.

We got the coffee table out tonight and set it up, really makes the living room area look more like home. Complete with a shamrock dish filled with chocolates received for Valentines Day. Even had a doily with me that Joanne had made for us. Looks cheery.

We celebrated Ash Wednesday by starting a new book by Max Lucado to read each day along with the daily devotions we do by Charles Swindoll. Both are wonderful Christian writers that Lou and I enjoy equally.

The picture that I posted was of Lou cutting the leftover pork off the bone to make pulled pork barbecue for dinner on Thursday. We had purchased a new sauce Jack Daniel's brown sugar and hickory flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment