Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Routine Day - Key West















We were up bright and early and I can't tell you why? I wondered the same thing when the alarm went off at 6:30, I thought we were on vacation!!

We had rain during the night and the temperature dropped it got to 62 today, after it cleared off and the sunshine came out in the later afternoon. While Lou was fixing an omlett for breakfast we heard a knock at the door and a very friendly familiar voice. Bill Zimmer, one of our favorite SMART members, he and his wife are camping here also, so it was wonderful to catch up with he and his wife Joan. He is retired Army and he and Lou torment each other Air Force vs Army. Their daughter is also in the high ranks of the Army and will receive a special award from the president this winter and her parents are very proud of her and have a special invitation to attend the ceremony in Washington, DC.

After breakfast Lou tackled several job that needed to be done. He was successful with everything with the exception of the light above the kitchen sink. Will need to have it replaced.
I tidied up while Lou did his jobs and put out some St. Patrick's decorations, then we were off to the grocery on base. Up to today, we had just used the things I had made before we left, so thought we did really well. Tonight I fixed chicken cordon bleu with a garlic rice that Preston had gotten for us along with a fresh fruit salad with yogurt dressing and fresh steamed brocolli with lemon. (Pres we did like the rice, very tasty, thank you)

Tonight was a first for me, DH and I made a deal regarding the water. I told him I would take my shower each night at the shower house, if I could use glass dinner ware for dinnertime, and use plastic the rest of the day. My logic being, it takes as much dish water to do a pot or pan as it does to do plates and silver. So tonight I had a nice long shower and washed my hair and even shaved my legs and didn't have to worry about how much water I used, and I simply put my nighty and robe on and walked home and washed my dishes!! I'm happy and Lou is also.

The picture that I posted doesn't show what I wanted it to show. The red lights on the base have flashing red lights around them, at first I thought it might be for Valentine's day, as they really go all our for that also, but was still the same today.

Think tomorrow will be laundry day, still having problems with the blisters on my feet, so can't walk and sight see yet.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, Shelly and i think that if you deal with this communal shower thing, then you should be able to go to creation! Sounds like a good compromise to me!and it also sounds like you got the better deal.... long hot shower AND glass dishes

    ReplyDelete