Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On The Way



 
We left Mansfield this morning about 10:30. It was a cold morning to get water hoses and such in working order, but mission was accomplished and we were on the road. As we were driving towards route 15, I noted the clock told me it was lunch time, so I suggested to Lou he stop at Arby’s for a quick sandwich and some coffee. Lou did that and while he was at the window to pick up the order I noticed the clock still said 12:10,then I realized that was the station number the radio was set on, so we laughed at the error and enjoyed lunch very early. Like Lou said, we had a very early breakfast.

The further south we came the more snow we saw in the woods, but the roads were fine and it was 45 degrees when we hit Carlisle. The car looked like it had been in a mud fight. We unhooked the car, but found the doors to the car wouldn’t open and once we used my key to open the doors the car wouldn’t start either. The problem was -- I pulled the wrong fuse in the control panel in the car. Another lesson learned. Lou was very gracious and told me not to feel bad, as the men at the Saturn dealership has put the fuse puller on the wrong fuse. Thank goodness, Lou had a battery charger, so we were able to get the car started and to the Base Pharmacy before they closed. Now the drugs have been delivered and DH was able to get a hair cut.

Estee was a good traveler as she always is. She sits with me in the co-pilot seat and looks out the window. She got out for exercise at the Flying J when we stopped for gas. We paid $2.57 for gasoline.

We are going to meet Lou’s daughter and her husband for dinner at Cracker Barrel, and then back to Western Village RV Park for a good nights sleep so we can leave early in the morning. I don’t have any internet service here tonight so will have to wait until later to post this.

Just found out I do have connection, but can't find my pictures, so will post it and practice tomorrow.

1 comment: