Monday, February 22, 2010

Rain and more Rain




February 22nd- Monday Rain, windy and 75 degrees

It started raining here yesterday afternoon, and it has continued all night and today, a few minutes it looked like it was trying to clear up and now it is black again, and looks like it would pour at any minute.

Was a good day to dump, as that is what we had planned. We congratulated ourselves, we made it through a whole week without having to dump, even giving Estee a bath yesterday afternoon. Lou and our neighbor donned their rain coats and moved cars and such and agreed they would both dump at 9:00 this am.

I found a solution to the laundry problem along with the showering. The "older folks" don't like going out after dark, but that doesn't bother me, so I rounded up all of the laundry, rugs, doggie bed and such and did laundry last night while viewed a long DVD on the history of flying, and took my shower during the last 30 minutes of the drying time of the laundry. Never saw another person while I was doing all of that. All finished in less than 2 hours. So this morning after we got back from dumping, I cleaned up the whole house. Looks pretty good, even did some mending of sofa pillows.

After we finished cleaning, Lou and I tackled our Bible studies and daily devotions, made out new prayer lists for the week. In place of giving something up for Lent, we have decided to give something, and that is going to be to do our devotions together each morning, and Lou suggested we read through the Gospel of Mark during Lent, and he caught us up for the days we had missed. We have a couple of grandkids that are starting something new and different, and want to lift them up in prayer as they prepare for a change in their lives.

We paid some bills this am and ran into town to the post office, and of course, couldn't resist a picture of the chickens and a sample of a street, the picture is of the street leading to Truman Annex. I love the pastel painted homes. Kris, you would love the houses that are painted purple and many are painted white with purple trim.

I have made a sausage quiche for dinner and want to make a salad to go with it, being a cool damp evening, won't mind having the oven on.

I have an appointment to have my hair cut tomorrow. Should be an interesting event, the same girl has cut my hair for years, but it has been over six weeks and I can't wait any longer. The majority of the women have very short straight hair here, and a I told Lou maybe I would do that and his response soon made me realize that wasn't' a good idea. Don't know what I will end up with.

Pres, can you see that your dad is wearing his hat. I knew you would be proud of him, but only because it was raining. I will work on the sunshine later, I guess.



















Can you see why I wanted to keep the site that we have? When it is warm, and sunny, we get shade from the trees and it is nice to have something green outside. But no chickens here, have to use the alarm clock that DH can't hear.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched a TV show about the task force that they have down there to catch the nusiance chickens. it looked like a rough job!

    Be glad you are just getting rain! 6-10+ inches of snow coming here Thursday night into Friday.

    ReplyDelete