Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Live Oak, Florida


Feb 7th - Sunday 44 degrees - Suwannee Florida State Park
We arrived here around 4:00, got settled in and called my sister, and programmed the GPS for her home and set off. DH doesn’t have a lot of faith in the new instrument; however, I remembered it was very difficult to find her, so he humored me and we used it, and probably was a good thing, we were on many different sandy roads. We arrived and enjoyed a delicious roast pork dinner with fresh peach cobbler for desert.

My niece had also arrived, so we had a good time catching up on all of the family news since we last saw each other in October of 2008,when they had all traveled to Wellsboro via the train and car. My sister’s family are all sewers and great creative ladies with more imagination than I can begin to think of. My niece is nearly deaf and has been since a young child. She does read lips, and I have to remember to talk directly to her, but think I did better this year. We both enjoyed our visit.
They had not met Lou, but found my sister and Lou went to the same school and were a few years apart, but knew many of the same people. In fact, Lou had dated many of Daisy’s girlfriends. She had a photo album of school mates, so she and Lou enjoyed talking about the ones they had knowledge of.

No comments:

Post a Comment