Thursday, February 11, 2010

Still in North Port,FL

The guys are playing Modern Warfare in Scott'f family room.

Today turned out better than we had hoped it would. Lou got up and read all about the slides on the RV and how the hydraulics worked and decided that perhaps someone else should look at the situation, so he called a man that was recommended and as he was telling him what had happened and that he had sent his wife under the the dash of the RV to check the fuses and found them to be alright, he touched the switch that controls the slides and presto the slide came the rest of the way in and also worked to extend itself. So go figure!! So we will just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

That problem solved, he thought he would move onto the air-conditioner and darned it he didn't figure that out also, it had blown a breaker, so he reset it and that works also. I did choose to use the outside air conditioning today, and opened the windows and door and let in the fresh air. He then took a second look at the microwave, but couldn't figure that out, so we don't have that fixed. Something for another day.

I spent the day doing laundry. This situation was a bit different. I had to purchase a laundry debit card for three dollars and then had to deposit enough money into the card to do the laundry, so instead of putting coins in the washer and dryer, you insert the debit card and it then tells you the cost and what your balance is. I told Lou I was going to save the card and I have a feeling that is going to be the "way" to do laundry. I was able to get all of my rugs washed and even put up a clothes line and hung my sheets and the items to be ironed outside.

We are leaving tomorrow for Key West and that will be drycamping, so wanted to have things all done up ready for that. I even gave Estee a bath, so we are ready to tackle the unknown.

Dinner at Scott's was London broil, baked potatoes, green bean casserole, smoked mackerel dip (that Scott made from scratch) w/ salad and for desert, we enjoyed lemon cake.

I don't know when I will be able to post again, due to the lack of electricity and internet service, but will write daily and post as I am able.

I did talk to Krista today and she gave me an update of the possibility of thyroid cancer, and the tests that she will be scheduled for now. Thank goodness for cell phones, they do seem to work for us, if Lou's isn't working, mine does. Pays to have two different carriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment