Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warmer -Walk - FOG








We woke up this morning with the sunshine pouring in our windows, Lou went to look at the thermometer and it was 72 degrees at 7:30 am. You know that is a great promise for a great day.

After breakfast, Lou put the awning up to keep the house a bit cooler, otherwise, we have to run the generator to use the A/C unit, and I'm sorry you northern folks, I wish we could send it up to you.

I had an appointment to get my hair cut and was sorta of dreading someone new, but she did alright, as most of you know I have a curly perm, and she played with the idea of straight hair in Florida and used a straightening rod, and pulled it all back from my face and made straight bangs, different, but showed off my gray, which I just can't get enough of. Once I wash it will have curls again, Lou said he really liked it, but one wonders, he is just a very considerate pleasing personality.

After the haircut, we ran to the BX for a few groceries and back home for lunch at 2:00 p m, then we decided we would take a walk and it was a lovely afternoon to walk, but poor Estee got tired, so Lou took her down to the shore side and she laid down at the edge and fell asleep, we sat and rested while she cooled off and while we were resting Lou pointed out a jelly fish to me and then we saw a crab along with the water turkeys. The tide came in a bit and Estee really got cooled off, but she didn't mind it at all.

On the way home from our walk we stopped to chat with Bill and Joan and while we were sitting with them, we noticed the FOG was coming in, I found it very interesting as I have never seen fog in the daytime with the sunshine, and as we sat there we could feel it get cooler, it had been 86 degrees and by the time we got home, it was 73 degrees. The fog was gone by 8:00 and was perfectly clear; however, tonight is supposed to bring showers.

Tonight for dinner DH made a wonderful Greek salad, while I prepared Orange-Maple Glazed Chicken and also had a fresh potato salad. I have found, after talking to the ladies around here, that I cook differently than most, as they buy things already prepared and just warm, but I love to cook and here, I have the time to enjoy doing it and DH enjoys helping, so these are special times for both of us.

Now it is time to get the NCIS. We have the first season to watch and we both love to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment