Sunday, February 14, 2010

Touring Key West












Happy Valentine's Day!!

We were up early this morning to get our assigned new campsite. We finally got moved over to out site and settled in. It is dry-camping, but a very nice location with a wonderful view of the Gulf of Mexico on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other side. I will try and get a picture tomorrow to post. Today it was very windy and we didn't venture out to walk.

We did take the car for a ride today, Lou wanted to show me a little of the "old town". Very fascinating and reminds me of Venice, FL. Old Victorian architecture. His tour brought back some American history stories to me. I remembered about the ship USS Maine sinking here prior to the war of 1812 and the people being buried at City Cemetery. I am in hopes of being able to see that while we are here.

The pictures are of the dock in the center of town, the sail boat belongs to the Coast Guard and the Yacht to someone on the rich side.... The monument is of Henry Morrrison Flager. I have not found out what he did, as it didn't tell on the monument. More on that later.

While we were touring the city, I received a phone call telling me that my son, Scott had been in a motorcycle accident this afternoon. He and his son are both deep into dirt bikes and Scott teaches classes to young men and boys on the safety aspects of dirt bike riding and he co-sponsors many events throughout Florida where these young boys ride their bikes.

He was taken to Peace River Hospital in Port Charlotte with a punctured lung, three broken ribs, broken collar bone. He is in intensive care and will remain their until they can determine if the pleural effusion is enlarging and perhaps will need to insert a chest tube at that time. I request prayers for relief of pain and a speedy recovery and that God would share with all of us as to what lesson He would like us to learn from this incident. I praise God that there was NO
head trauma. He wears tons of safety year each and every time he and Greg ride. I am also thankful there were other men and boys there with Scott when the accident occurred to come to his rescue. That is one of Scott's rules, you don't ride alone.

Will keep all updated on Scott's progress and thank you for your prayers and concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment