Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lazy Warm Day - Key West, FL



This was the warmest day we have had since we arrived in Key West. It reached 77 this afternoon and one would think it would encourage us to get out and do, but we had a lazy day. We have had a lot of company the last few days, it just seemed good to take a slower pace.

The couple that are next to use have a small RV B body and are from Macon, Georgia and spend six months a year in their RV. We have enjoyed getting acquainted with them and today we have had many more folks come in to the part, so tonight it seems rather full and I think all of them must be on the computer, as it is taking forever to get hooked up and the pictures are loading, so will try to do them at the end.

We did drive up to Sigsbee to register for our site and found that we can't do that until tomorrow, so Lou is going to drive up tomorrow morning before church to pay and register, as we hate to give up this site, as we have grass and a tree for shade, if it gets warmer that will be nice. We opened up all of the windows today and the screen door and was so nice to have a breeze blowing through. We watched people para-sail out our front window today. I can't talk Lou into doing that, which really surprised me, as he still have his licence to fly gliders.

Estee and I rode along with Lou today to go to Home Depot, looking for a special bulb for our kitchen light, took my book along, and Estee and I sat in the car, and for all of you that don't know, Key West is known for it's chickens, they are everywhere and they crow at all times of the day. Estee was sitting in the back seat of the car and we had the windows down and this rooster came up to the side of the by Estee's door and crowed, I thought she was going to jump out of her skin. She didn't bark at him, I think she was actually afraid of him. I was able to crawl over to Lou's side and take a picture of him.

Last night when we laying in bed talking I asked Lou why there were not any chickens in our campsite and he told me simply, "it's a restricted area", gosh, I didn't know chickens in Key West could read!!LOL I then told him I remembered when we raised 10,000 chickens at a time, every nine weeks, our baby chicks came with little colored glasses once. That was before they started de-beaking chickens to keep them from pecking each other. I am not sure he believed me.

We both spent the afternoon reading until it was dinner time and we formed a joint effort for dinner. Lou made a wonderful chopped steak in the Somersize grill, also grilled a large slice of onion on it topped with cheese. On the stove he cooked fresh mushroom, shrimp and more onions in a red wine sauce that we served over the chopped steaks. Delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I like the idea of chickens running around wild!

    ReplyDelete