Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunshine - Walks - Birds - Views - Blisters





We awoke to sunshine this morning with a promise of a warmer day without the strong wind that we have had in the past. After several phone calls from family members and breakfast we decided to take a nice walk. DH neglected to tell me just how far he was planning on taking. We took Estee along with us,and left the site at 11:30. We returned at 3:00, poor puppy was tired out and actually had a sit down strike, so Lou and I took turns carrying her back. I would have had him carry me also, if I thought he could have. By the time we returned my blisters had blisters.

We did have a lovely walk, we walked back into part of the naval base that is no longer used, was sad to see all of these building with pine trees over grown around them. The street were of concrete and covered now with grass and weeds. We saw many wild straw flowers growing and lots of butterflies and birds. My favorite birds were the Ospreys, if I can get my pictures to load, you will be able to see the Osprey's nest and the mama sitting in the nest. As we walked back we saw the White Pelicans. Pelicans have always been a favorite of mine from the first visit to Florida. Our oldest daughter loved the Brown Pelican and I remember a picture of her that we took and she was almost stroking the Pelican as he sat waiting for a fish.

The view of the gulf is what we have out of our front window. It is rather amazing, don't you think? Sure better than a snow bank.

On the way back to our site, Lou suggested we walk through another park of the camp ground and we found a couple that we camped with this summer, so we stopped and chatted with them and also found out there was another couple from our SMART group that is here, we hope to catch up with them in the next day or so.

After we returned home, we had to drive the RV over to the gas station and fill up the tank with propane and then had to dump our gray and black water and fill up our water tank, and now DH tells me if we use paper plates, and watch our water we can go five days before we have to dump again. It is very difficult for me not to use glass dishes and wash dishes after each meal. I guess I can give it a try.

Had good news from Scott, they have taken out the IV's and the pleural effusion did not worsen, and he is up sitting in a chair, so he felt prayers were being answered. Please continue to remember him in your prayers. He is supposed to be in a fishing tournament the 13th of March and Lou and I were planning on being back to North Port to watch him weigh in. Only the good Lord knows the results of this.

2 comments:

  1. One way to conserve your water is to remember this little poem... "if it yellow let it be mellow, if its brown. flush it down".... LOL love you mom! glad to hear you are learing how to be wasteful with our natural resourses

    ReplyDelete